Ten Facts about Lu
1. Lu is short for Lulu, which is the nickname I was given when I was 7 years old. To this day, when my mother calls me Leslie I’m pretty sure it’s because I haven’t cleaned my room. It is what people on the internet have called me since my days in the AOL MPAW message board. Lately I’ve been thinking about how it’s probably time I make my online life match my IRL life since they blend together so much. But call me Lu, call me Leslie, I’ll just be happy we’re friends.
2. I blog about books and my life. Eventually, if I get my act together, I’ll blog about crafts again. Like most bloggers these days, I’m trying really hard to find the balance between blogging and life and the content I want to post about. I am not always successful and sometimes this blog sits quite for a few weeks at a time. I’ve recently committed to learning more things. I hope to write about that here.
3. This blog has seen me through many stages of my life, from graduating from college, to graduate school, to my first real job at a publishing company in NYC. I’m so glad that I got a chance to work in publishing, and while I’m glad I lived in NYC for a while, the city wasn’t for me. I’m now back in my home state of VA working for a statewide nonprofit in the construction industry. It’s TOTALLY different and a welcome change. I like the challenge.
4. Some days I think I’m a writer. Some days I’d like to write a novel. Or a book of poetry. Many days I think that sounds like a horrible idea.
5. Sometimes I listen to music. Every once in a while, I post about music.
6. I often crochet. I want to learn to cross stitch, knit, and sew. I’m working on it.
7. I speak Spanish, but not as well as I did yesterday. I need to find someone to speak Spanish to!
8. I started this blog in the winter of 2008. I was a sophomore in college. Now I’m a proper grown-up with a full-time job.
9. I read all sorts of things. I will read anything once, mostly because I am the queen of not finishing a book. If a book isn’t doin it for me, I just stop reading and move on. I used to feel guilty about this. Now I don’t.
10. The etymology of ruminate gave me a minor mid-blog-life crisis, but I quickly got over it.